TSplus creates by default an icon for the Portable Client Generator:
The generated clients can be copied to the users Desktops or onto a USB stick for portable use.
The Portable Client Generator program also allows you to change the icon and the connection client program name.
Main window – General Settings
- Server Address: Enter the IP address of the server to which the client must be connected.
- Port Number: Enter the server port number.
- Domain name: Enter a domain name if any.
- User and Password: If you enter a user/password, the client program will not ask to retype it at each session. If you type *SSO in the user name field, the client program will just ask once the logon/password at the very first connection and will save this information on the user’s workstation so that the user doesn’t have to identify himself ever again. To reset this logon/password saving, you must create and edit a shortcut of the Remote Desktop Client and add -reset on switch at the end of the target field.
- Preferred Display Mode: You can chose your preferred Display Mode between:
- The classical Remote Desktop.
- The Microsoft RemoteApp connection client, which has a better graphical performance over minimized applications.
- The Seamless Client, which only displays published applications as if they were installed on the local computer, the advantages of the Seamless client is its compatibility with any Windows version.
- Network speed: You can also now chose between two options depending on your network speed:
- Disabling background display & graphic animations for low speed networks.
- Enabling background display and graphic animations for fiber optic or fast network.
Terminal Service Plus Seamless vs Microsoft RemoteApp
Microsoft RemoteApp is a Microsoft feature which requires W7 Enterprise or Ultimate, W8 Enterprise or W2008/W2012.
All users PCs must have at least a RDP6 client.
Terminal Service Plus Seamless delivers a similar user experience and is available on any Windows host system.
Based on one transparency color selected by the Administrator, the Microsoft Remote Desktop is not displayed anymore and the user will just see his published applications.
The Seamless color can be modified and must be the same when using the AdminTool and the Portable Client Generator.
- Client name: You can name your client as you wish.
- Client icon: You can upload an icon for your client.
- Language preference: Here you can set the language of your choice (as for now, 20 languages are available).
On this tab, you change the color and the session screen resolution. You can also adapt your session for a dual-screen, span it or smart-size it and you can enable the TAB command into the session.
Remote Desktop Client features
On this tab, you can chose which resolution you want to enable for the user:
Seamless and Remoteapp clients
See this page.
The local resources tab gathers all the devices that you may redirect in your remote session. Printers correspond to LPT ports, and COM Ports correspond to Serial Ports.
Beneath, you can chose your option for printing, with the universal printer:
Local PDF Reader preview: the document will be pushed and the local Acrobat Reader will open with the generated PDF file. The user can print it, or save a copy on his local disk drive. See the video tutorial to preview documents with the local PDF reader.
Print on the user’s default printer: the document will be automatically pushed to the default user’s printer (the local printing driver is included into the TSplus connection client). See the video tutorial to print on the default printer.
Select a local printer: The user can select one of his local printer (the local printing driver is included into the TSplus connection client).
If you do not have a PDF Reader installed on your machine, we recommend the use of Foxit Reader.
You can decide to set an application via the Portable Client Generator, however, we recommend to use the AdminTool in order to assign the desired applications.
The ID of a USB key can be used to prevent anyone from using the connection client on any other device than the one it is locked on. In order to lock a connection client onto a USB key you can do so by copying the client generator located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\Clients\WindowsClient. Now double click on the client generator and check the lock on serial box located in the security tab. Once it is done, you can delete the client generator from the USB key.
The generated connection client is now locked on your USB key. You can delete the client generator that you copied on the USB key afterwards.
You can also enable the Load Balancing to connect to one server of your farm. Do not check the “Use Gateway” box if you did not activate the Load-Balancing feature on your server. You will need to enter the gateway Web Portal port, which should be the same as the default web port used on all the servers of your farm.
If you don’t want to save credentials, enter “nosavecredential” on the logon field of the Portable Client Generator.
If you don’t want to display the logon window with the user name, password and domain name, simply enter “nopassword” on the password field.
If you want to enable autologon, enter “*SSO” on the logon and password fields.
If you want the current local user’s name to be displayed as a logon for the session, enter “**”, or “%USERNAME%” on the logon field.